About the Steyning Festival Charity
We are a local Festival bringing a fortnight of diverse, high quality programmed events to Steyning. We will showcase Local, National and International Talent. The Festival is a Community Festival; run by the community, with and for the community.
We incorporate a Quality Artistic Festival at our core with a complementary and supportive programme of events. The genres cover Theatre, Music, Visual Arts, Walks & Tours, Literature and Talks, and Community Events.
The Festival is largely focused on the people of Steyning, Bramber, Beeding, Ashurst, Washington & Ashington.
To inspire innovation, collaboration, and community cohesion.
The Steyning Festival exists to provide a wide programme of artistic and community events which offer exciting and stimulating experiences for the people of Steyning and the surrounding area
Our Purposes are:
- To teach, open eyes and thoughts and to inspire people young and old
- To include all: audience, performers, volunteers and supporters
- To be enjoyable for all, and to be fun to organise
- To be successful as measured by audience feedback, popularity of events and to be overall successful financially, so that the Festival is self financing and has a long term future
Our Aims are:
- To build on and sustain our reputation for high quality programming
- To gain the support and involvement of local businesses and organisations
- To showcase and celebrate local talent and to include other local projects, groupings and events
- To be year on year financially viable
- To delight - to meet and exceed audience expectations
- To involve a large and growing percentage of the local community
- To bring to Steyning high quality and enjoyable cultural events